Busses and closed van utility trucks will soon be allowed to use the Skyway again, specifically on April 1, 2022.
The decision to allow Class 2 vehicles were made to make the transportation of goods and the commute of people easier, faster, and more convenient.
San Miguel Corporation (SMC) subsidiary Skyway O&M Corporation (SOMCO) announced that after all completion works are finished, Class 2 vehicles, primarily buses and closed vans exceeding 7 feet in height (with valid Autosweep RFID stickers), will be allowed to use the entire elevated Skyway system (Skyway 1, 2, and 3).
SMC President Ramon S. Ang had this to say about the reopening of the Skyway to Class 2 vehicles, “With the re-opening of the Skyway to public buses and select transport trucks, we’re hopeful that many of our countrymen from both north and south can benefit from the convenience provided by the entire Skyway system. This is an option for commuters as well as public transport services, who would like to have a faster, more direct, or even point-to-point access to their destinations. This will also help to further decongest our public roads, given that we are now back to pre-pandemic levels of traffic,” said SMC president Ramon S. Ang.
Ang also added that even before the April 1 implementation, proper planning is already underway to ensure proper traffic flow.
Here are the guidelines issued by SOMCO regarding the Class 2 reintegration:
- Dedicated lanes for Class-2 vehicles will be provided in the following locations, to avoid long queues in the toll plazas:
- Quezon Avenue NB/SB
- Main Plaza Sucat Area
- Quirino NB/SB Exit
- Dr. A. Santos
- Doña Soledad
- Buendia NB/SB
- Del Monte NB/SB
- G. Araneta NB Entry
- Nagtahan NB/SB
- To avoid any untoward incidents involving Class 2 vehicles, modified 4 or 6-wheeler and closed delivery vans are not allowed on the elevated ramps.
- Speed limit of 60 km/h will be strictly enforced.
- Class 2 vehicles should ensure that their Autosweep RFID has enough balance.
- Only buses and closed vans with sufficient Autosweep RFID balance can be accommodated at the elevated Skyway, and vehicles with insufficient load are asked to use the at-grade section.