The recent rains have wreaked havoc on our roads. With potholes appearing on every thoroughfare of Metro Manila, the DPWH has its hands full in repairing them. This weekend, a number of portions along EDSA and C5, and roads in and around Quezon City are scheduled for reblocking. Lane closures in the affected areas will be from today, July 15 until Monday the 18th.
Road Reblocking areas from July 15-18
The following are the areas and portions of roads that will be subjected to lane closures to make way for reblocking and repairs:
- EDSA Northbound, Santolan MRT Station, EDSA Carousel bus lane
- EDSA Northbound, after P. Tuazon flyover to Aurora Tunnel, 3rd lane from center island
- EDSA Northbound, Aurora to New York, 3rd lane from center island, intermittent sections
- EDSA Northbound, Kamuning/Kamias to JAC Liner Bus Station, beside center island
- C5 Southbound to Makati, 2nd lane
- Quirino Highway, Brgy. Balon Bato before M.N.D.R. flyover, 2nd inner lane
- Cloverleaf, going to NLEX Northbound
- Cloverleaf, going to NLEX Southbound
- EDSA Quezon City Southbound, Balingasa Creek to Oliveros footbridge
The DPWH Road reblocking will start today, July 15 at 11:00 PM and is scheduled to finish on July 11, with the affected lanes and portions to be opened to traffic flow at 5:00 AM. As usual, traffic cones and plastic barriers will be put in place to warn motorists of the construction and repair works ahead. Do drive slowly when approaching any of these areas.
Have a happy weekend, everyone!