The sorry state of our roads has only been made worse by the recent rains. The DPWH always plans to stay on top of such damage through their scheduled road reblocking, and this weekend will be no different. Various roads around Metro Manila will have lane closures to make way for repairs, and these will be done until the wee hours of Monday, July 11.
Road Reblocking areas from July 8-11
The following are the areas and stretches of road that will have lane closures to make way for reblocking and repairs:
- EDSA-Guadalupe, Southbound, innermost lane, Bernardino to Estrella
- EDSA Northbound, Santolan MRT Station after P. Tuazon flyover to Aurora Tunnel, 3rd lane from center island
- EDSA Northbound, Aurora to New York, 3rd lane from center island
- EDSA Northbound, Kamuning/Kamias to JAC Liner Bus Station, beside center island
- C5 Southbound to Makati, 2nd lane
- Batasan Road, Sinagtala to IBP San Mateo Road, 2nd lane from plant box
- Visayas Avenue Southbound, Road 10 to Elliptical Road, 2nd lane from plant box
- Visayas Avenue Northbound, Elliptical Road to Central Avenue and near Congressional Avenue, 2nd lane from sidewalk
- C5 Road, Pasig Blvd. Southbound, Pineda and along Dona Julia Vargas (Sitel)
- EDSA Quezon City Southbound, Balingasa Creek to Oliveros footbridge
DPWH Road reblocking on the aforementioned areas will start today, July 8 at 11:00 PM and will end on July 11 at 5:00 AM. Traffic cones and barriers will be put in place to warn motorists ahead, but please drive slowly when approaching any of these areas for everyone’s safety
Happy weekend, everyone!