Those who frequently pass and use Tomas Claudio will need to plan their alternate routes for the next few months. A scheduled road closure will start tomorrow, August 5 until November 30. The closure will make way for Skyway 3 construction activities along the length of the said roadway.
Tomas Claudio road closure traffic rerouting
Vehicles coming from Valenzuela St., Sta. Mesa going to Quirino Ave. or Beata St. Pandacan:
– Take Ramon Magsaysay Ave., turn left at Lacson Ave. (Nagtahan), straight ahead to Quirino Ave. or turn left at Jesus St. to destination
Vehicles coming from Osmeña Highway going to Valenzuela St., Sta. Mesa
– Straight ahead to Quirino Ave. to Mabini Bridge and to the bridge down ramp turn right at Ramon Magsaysay Ave., turn right at Valenzuela St. to destination
Vehicles coming from Osmeña Highway going to Beata St., Pandacan
– Straight ahead to Quirino Ave., turn right at Tomas Claudio St. to destination
Vehicles coming from Beata St., Pandacan to Quirino Ave.
– Light vehicles: Take Tomas Claudio St. to Quirino Ave. to destination
– Long and heavy trucks/trailers: Take Jesus St. to Quirino Ave. to destination
The road closure will be from the intersection of Tomas Claudio and Beata Street along the Pandacan side. It will stretch across Pasig River to where Tomas Claudio becomes Paco-Santa Mesa Road and will end as it intersects Valenzuela Street on the Santa Mesa side. The closure will start at 10:00 PM tomorrow, but there was no specific time mentioned as to when it will be reopened.
Traffic will inevitably be very heavy in and along these areas and as always, the MMDA is advising motorists to take alternate routes.