President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. is set to take the stage on July 25, 2022, in Batasang Pambansa to deliver his first ever State Of The Nation (SONA) address.
SONA rerouting scheme
In anticipation of the SONA, the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) has announced a traffic rerouting scheme to address the possibility of heavy traffic.
NORTHBOUND (Quezon Memorial Circle to Fairview)
• Vehicles from Elliptical Road should take North Avenue, turn right at Mindanao Avenue then turn right to Sauyo Road or take Quirino Highway, then Commonwealth Avenue to reach the point of destination.
SOUTHBOUND (Fairview to Quezon Memorial Circle)
• Vehicles from Commonwealth Avenue should take Sauyo Road or Quirino highway, turn left at Mindanao Avenue, then turn left at North Avenue to reach the point of destination.
Motorists using light vehicles may also opt to take:
NORTHBOUND (Quezon Memorial Circle to Fairview via Marikina)
• Light vehicles from Elliptical Road (QMC) should turn right at Maharlika St., turn left at Mayaman St., turn right at Maginhawa St., turn left at C.P. Garcia Avenue, turn right at Katipunan Ave., turn left at A. Bonifacio Ave., go straight to Gen. Luna Ave., turn right at Kambal Rd., turn left at GSIS Road, turn left at Jones St., turn right at Gen. Luna Ave., go straight to A. Mabini St., turn left at Rodriguez Highway, turn left at Payatas Road to reach the point of destination.
• Light vehicles from C5 Road may turn left at Magiting St., turn right at Maginhawa St., turn left at Mayaman St. to Kalayaan Avenue to reach the point of destination.
• All trucks coming from C-5 along Katipunan Avenue should take Luzon Flyover then turn left at Congressional Avenue to reach the point of destination.
So for those who live or work in the area on the day of the SONA, it would be best to either stay home or in place to avoid the traffic. If you really must travel though, take note of the routes above.