Brace yourselves for a lot of traffic this weekend! Several road repairs are scheduled to begin tonight, June 3 at 11:00 PM and are set to end on June 6, Monday at 5:00 AM.
Road Repair schedule released by DPWH
Around 4 hours before this posting, the DPWH announced the schedule of repairs along EDSA, C5, and certain areas within Quezon City. It’s normal for road rehabilitation projects to begin on the last day of the week but in the case of this week’s plans, it seems the Department of Public Works and Highways might have posted a bit late.
Regardless, here’s a quick rundown of the repairs that will commence starting tonight.
- Cubao (Farmer’s), Quezon City
- Aurora Blvd. after Kamuning, Quezon City
- Santolan (VV Soliven) to Rochester Street
- 2nd block Service Road Timog Avenue to 2nd block Kamuning Road
- After McKinley Road
- C5 Road, Makati
- Dona Julia Vargas near Sitel Building
Specific areas in Quezon City
- Tandang Sora Avenue from Visayas Avenue to San Miguel Street
- Times Street corner West Avenue
- Commonwealth Avenue – Zuzuareggui Street
- CP Garcia UP Ayala TBI
We’re sure there was no intention from the DPWH to cause any inconvenience with these schedules. Road repairs, after all, are essential, and we should (try to) see this as the agency’s efforts to give us smoother, safer roads, right?
Sharing is caring, ladies and gentlemen. Plan your trips and routes accordingly this weekend. It’s going to be a doozy.