Suzuki’s fourth generation, 2019 Jimny has now been officially launched here in the Philippines! The legacy continues not only in its namesake but also with the vehicle’s design. The body somewhat resembles a Mercedes Benz G-Wagon, making some fans of the new look call it a “Baby-G”.
When it comes to design features though, it solely inherits features of all the legacy versions of the Jimny. Like the headlights, front-side fins, grill, and of course that spare tire at the back.
The 2019 Jimny All-Grip Pro launched tonight at the Bonifacio Global City Amphitheater, here’s what to expect at your nearest local dealership.
The all-new 2019 Suzuki Jimny features:
- LED Projector Headlamps
- Headlamp Washers(GLX)
- 15” alloy wheels
- Fog lamps Luggage box (GLX)
- Hill Hold Control
- Drip Rail
The 2019 Jimny sports a 4×4, K15B 1.5L engine under the hood, that produces 100 HP at 6,000 rpm, and 130 Nm of torque at 4,000 rpm across all variants. For the chassis, the 2019 Jimny uses a ladder frame, which makes it more resistant to torsion and is better suited for all your off-road needs. You also get 377 liters of cargo space when the rear seats are folded down.
In the Philippines, we get four variants of the Jimny.
- GL (5MT) – Monotone – PHP 975,000
- GL (4AT) – Monotone –PHP 1,035,000
- GLX (4AT) – Monotone – PHP 1,085,000
- GLX (4AT) – 2 Tone – PHP 1,095,000
It comes in eight colors:
- Kinetic Yellow (GLX 2 Tone)
- Brisk Blue (GLX 2 Tone)
- Chiffon Ivory (GLX 2 Tone)
- Jungle Green (GLX/GL Monotone)
- Medium Gray (GLX/GL Monotone)
- Superior White (GLX/GL Monotone)
- Bluish Black (GL Monotone)
- Silky Silver (GL Monotone)
Reservations have started, and you can expect your all-new 2019 Suzuki Jimny this June!
Suzuki also announced the coming of the 2019 Ertiga Black Edition, at the event.
Pricing was stated for that as well.
- GLX MT – PHP 738,000
- GLX AT – PHP 988,000