Every Filipino knows that November 1 is a big “occasion”. This year’s Undas will be no different, and the City of Manila has published its list of road closures, rerouting schemes, and parking areas for those who will flock to the city to honor their departed. It’s going to be a full house so make sure you are aware of this very important notice.
Undas 2022: list of road closures, rerouting, and parking areas in Manila
The road closures will start on October 31, 2022, at 10:00 PM, and will end on November 2, 2022, at 5:00 PM. In this light, a large number of roads will be closed, as listed below.
- Stretch of Aurora Boulevard (from Dimasalang Rd. to Rizal Avenue)
- Stretch of Dimasalang Rd. (from Makiling St. to Blumentritt Rd.)
- Stretch of P. Guevarra (from Cavite St. to Pampanga St.)
- Stretch of Blumentritt (from A. Bonifacio to P. Guevarra St.)
- Stretch of Retiro (from Dimasalang Rd. to Blumentritt Ext.)
- Stretch of Leonor Rivera (from Cacite St. to Aurora Blvd.)
Given these closed roads, the following rerouting schemes will be implemented:
- Public Utility Jeepneys (PUJs) coming from Rizal Avenue/Blumentritt shall take a right to L. Rivera or Isagani then right to Antipolo to point of destination.
- PUJs coming from Amoranto St. (from Quezon City) shall take a right to Calavite then a right to A. Bonifacio Ave. to point of destination (Loading and unloading zone located before Amoranto/Calavite)
- PUJs coming from Dimasalang shall take a right to Makiling St then may take a right to Maceda St. to point of destination (Loading and unloading zone located after Maceda/Makiling).
For those who have brought their vehicles, the following are the only officially designated parking areas:
- Stretch of Craig Street
- Stretch of Simon Street
- Stretch of F. Huertas Street
- Stretch of Bulacan Street
- Stretch of Tecson Street
- Stretch of P. Guevarra Street
- Stretch of Sulu Street
- Stretch of Oroquieta Street
- Stretch of Metrica Street
- Stretch of Natividad Street
- Stretch of M. Hizon Street
- Stretch of Kalimbas Street
The following are designated as tow-away zones, with no parking allowed on both sides:
- Blumentritt (from Aurora/Blumentritt to Bonifacio Ave. up to Laon-Laan), Dimasalang (from North Cemetery Gate to Makiling)
- Dos Castillas, Don Quijote, Ma. Clara, Carola, and Aragon.
So there you have it, a comprehensive list of all road closures, rerouting schemes, and parking areas for those who will observe Undas 2022 in the City of Manila.
We decided to keep this neat and simple, so allow us to end this article by saying please observe safety protocols, take care of your belongings, park your cars properly and securely, and be safe, everyone.