San Miguel Corporation (SMC) has announced that motorists heading to Alabang will have to take alternate routes as the construction on the southbound section of the Skyway Extension Project will start soon.
In a report by Inquirer, SMC stated that the Skyway O&M Corporation, the Muntinlupa City Government, and the administrators of Filinvest Alabang Inc. approved a rerouting scheme to manage the flow of traffic for the duration of the construction. The following roads shall be closed:
- One southbound lane (Lane 3) of Skyway At-grade and the northbound lane of the West Service Road from the Sucat Interchange to Alabang Viaduct.
- Southbound Alabang Exit Plaza (beside the Alabang viaduct) and the nearby southbound Bunye South Station (heading to Crimson, Filinvest).
Due to the closer of toll plazas, SMC also announced new traffic schemes:
- Class 1 and 2 vehicles headed to Alabang or Alabang-Zapote Road, take Filinvest Exit Toll Plaza, turn right at Corporate Ave., right to Civic Drive, right again at Corporate Ave., then right to Alabang–Zapote Road towards their destination.
- Class 1, 2, and 3 vehicles bound for Alabang, Putatan, and National Road can take the Susana Exit Toll Plaza, turn right at Susana Heights Ave., and turn either left or right on the National Road to their respective destinations
- Class 1 Vehicles bound for Alabang–Zapote Road, Filinvest, or Daang Hari may choose any of the following routes: (a) Take Filinvest exit, straight to Filinvest Ave., left to Commerce Avenue and/or left Alabang – Zapote Road to destination and/or; (b) Take Filinvest exit, right to Corporate Ave., left to Commerce Ave., right to Filinvest Ave., left to Alabang–Zapote Road.
Additionally, there are also traffic rerouting schemes due to the closure of Lane 3 and a portion of the West Service Road northbound:
- Class 1 Vehicles bound to Skyway NB at-grade, from Alabang-Zapote Road, take Filinvest Ave., turn left to Parkway St., then turn right to the access tunnel to the Filinvest northbound
- Class 1 Vehicles bound to Skyway NB elevated, from Alabang-Zapote Road, take Filinvest Ave., turn left to Parkway St., then turn right to the access tunnel to the Filinvest northbound entry. Keep right and use the ramp before the Sucat interchange (On-ramp to Skyway Main Plaza).
- Class 1 and 2 vehicles bound to East Service Road, take a U-Turn at the Alabang Viaduct Ilalim in front of Starmall.
The Skyway Extension Project is set to be completed by December 2020. Its completion will add two lanes going north for a total of five northbound lanes, and an addition of three lanes southbound for a total of four lanes. It will also connect directly to Skyway 1, 2, and 3, and will allow motorists to bypass Alabang and EDSA heading to NAIA, Makati, Manila, San Juan, Quezon City, and the NLEX.