The DPWH has consistently been carrying out road reblocking in different areas of the Metro. This weekend will be no different and the MMDA saw fit to announce the said areas to the public to allow better travel plans and route choices. From tonight until the early hours of August 1, the following stretches of road will have lane closures to make way for repairs.
Road Reblocking areas from July 29-August 1
- EDSA NB, Quezon City along Santolan MRT Station (EDSA Carousel Bus lane), after P. Tuazon Flyover to Aurora Tunnel 3rd lane from center island (fast lane), after Aurora Blvd. to New York (3rd lane from island, intermittent section), after Kamuning/ Kamias Road to JAC Liner Bus Station (beside center island)
- C-5 Road Southbound (2nd lane) Makati City
- Fairview Avenue SB near Mindanao Avenue Extension (1st lane from center island)
- Cloverleaf (Chainage 000- Chainage 258) going to NLEX NB Quezon City
- Cloverleaf (Chainage 000 – Chainage 203) going to NLEX SB
- Cloverleaf (Chainage 000 – Chainage 234) going to NLEX SB
- C-5 Katipunan corner C.P. Garcia Avenue
- EDSA SB Quezon City U-turn Slot Service Road in front of GMA Bldg., Service Road 3rd block of Kamuning Road intersection, along Service Road (2nd block in front of Police Station)
- EDSA Southbound (Balingasa Creek to Oliveros Footbridge) Quezon City
The DPWH Road reblocking along the listed roads will start today, July 29 at 11:00 PM and will end on August 1 at 5:00 AM. At which time, they will be passable to motor vehicles again. Barriers and traffic cones will be put up to warn motorists of the lane closures ahead, so do drive carefully when approaching the repair areas for safety.
Have a good weekend ahead, our dear readers!