A long-awaited model is set to be launched soon. Honda Cars Philippines Inc. (HCPI) will introduce its contender in the hotly contested crossover segment, the all-new Honda HRV.
According to the Honda Cars Philippines website, the all-new HRV advanced reservations start as early as April 1, 2022, at 37 dealerships nationwide.
So far, details are still limited, but here are some key highlights of the HRV:
- Stunning looks – Exterior-wise, the All-New Honda HR-V is such a head-turner. Notable design cues of the subcompact crossover include its striking front-end that features a pair of newly shaped headlights and a sporty grille. The rear door handles, on the other hand, are still integrated on the C-pillar for that two-door illusion, at the back, there’s a sloping roofline which gives the HR-V a coupe-inspired look. Lastly, its exterior is then topped off with unified taillights, giving it modern and sleek touch.
- Quality-built cabin – Inside, the HR-V goes by a human-centric cabin that’s designed with good ergonomics and treated with quality materials. Convenience features include an infotainment system that’s ready to serve in-car entertainment needs and a new automatic air conditioning with air diffusion. Overall, its interior layout goes by Honda’s ‘man maximum-machine minimum’ principle, where the purpose of technology and design is to serve the needs of the driver and passengers.
- Smooth and efficient performance – The Philippine-spec All-New Honda HR-V will have two engine options. Namely, a 1.5L DOHC i-VTEC engine for the base S variant and a 1.5-liter VTEC Turbo engine for the range-topping V. For that smooth and efficient performance, both powertrains are paired with a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT).
- State-of-the-art safety technology – In pursuit of Honda’s 2050 global safety target to realize zero traffic collision fatalities, both variants of the All-New Honda HR-V come with Honda SENSING. This gives the All-New subcompact crossover access to the following safety features:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow (LSF)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Road Departure Mitigation System with Lane Departure Warning (RDM with LDW)
- Auto High-Beam (AHB)
- Lead Car Departure Notification System (LCDN)
There will be two variants of the HRV, S CVT, and Turbo CVT, Prices will range from Php 1,300,000 to Php 1,600,000.
Honda will offer four colors for the HRV:
- Ignite Red Metallic
- Platinum White Pearl
- Premium Opal White Silver (New color; V Turbo CVT only)
- Meteoroid Gray Metallic
*Platinum White Pearl & Opal White Silver – Additional PHP 20,000
Stay tuned for more updates after the launch.