Cebu Pacific recently announced that it will cancel the flights between the Philippines and South Korea from March 3 to April 30, 2020, following travel restrictions issued by the Philippine government.
The flights include:
• 5J 188/ 5J 187 Manila-Incheon-Manila
• 5J 128 / 5J 129 Cebu-Incheon-Cebu
• 5J 180 / 5J 181 Kalibo-Incheon-Kalibo
Passengers affected by flight cancellations may avail any of the following options:
• Rebook the flight to Feb 29, Mar 1 or Mar 2 (subject to seat availability)
• Rebook the flight (new flight until June 30, 2020)
• Refund the tickets in full
• Store the value of the ticket in a Travel Fund for future use
They may select any of these options through the Manage Booking portal on the Cebu Pacific website, https://book.cebupacificair.com/Manage/Retrieve/.
Cebu Pacific also reminds travelers of the following restrictions imposed by the Philippine government:
• Filipino nationals are barred from traveling to South Korea, except for Overseas Filipino Workers, students studying in South Korea, and permanent residents
• Foreign nationals who come directly from North Gyeongsang, including Daegu and Cheongdo, or have been there within 14 days immediately preceding arrival in the Philippines will not be allowed to enter the country, except permanent resident and diplomatic visa holders, as well as spouse and children of Filipino citizens
The restrictions were placed due to the coronavirus outbreak. South Korea currently has 2,931 cases (as of February 29, 2020) based on the Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE database.